Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Spidey Takes a Tumble

Several weeks ago, while I was attempting to bake blueberry muffins from the box, my youngest son, Jet, jumped from our computer chair while wearing his Spiderman outfit. The result: Two broken bones and Jet's teary-eyed indictment, (directed at my husband and myself) that, "You were supposed to catch me!" Of course, we were in the other room blissfully unaware of the dangers of rolling computer chairs combined with toddler Superhero role-play.

Daddy rushed Jet to the hospital while I stayed behind to get myself and my five year old, Tru, dressed for the day--despite the fact that it was almost noon. I hurriedly packed a bag of burnt blueberry muffins to take to Jet in the emergency room, only to be informed that he couldn't have anything to eat until after anesthesia--after I'd already allowed him to take a whiff of the bag, of course! Oops.

In the end, Jet ended up with a barrage of attention from doting nurses along with a souvenir set of X-rays, while I went online and ordered him the Darth Vader costume that I'd previously told him he couldn't have until Halloween because I'd been waiting for a sale.

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why I don't cook.



2 comments:

  1. I wondered how Jet had broken his arm. Personally, I got hit by a car (the first kid in my grade to break an arm...the other two slipped on wet grass and fell of his dad's truck, respectively. I was also the first kid in my grade to catch chicken pox...I hope you don't have to go through that with them...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny you should mention chicken pox, Curtis! I just opened an email from Tru's kindergarten teacher today informing us that the entire class has been exposed. Time for a Pox party?

    ReplyDelete