Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Stick With Balls

In true mediocre mother fashion, I haven't posted to this blog in two years. As all children have a tendency to do, those who are discussed, examined, and involuntarily exposed in said blog, have done their share of growing up over time, despite my best efforts to sabotage the process.

Why today's conversation with Tru prompted me to post again is beyond me, when there have been so many other equally as interesting and inappropriate shared-chit chats between us. But here you have it---my recent conversation with my nine-year old son, and undoubtedly another future reason for parental resentment on his part. Can you blame him?

While driving with Tru (9) and Jet (7), Tru in the backseat eating Funyuns (his favorite afterschool heath food), he poses an important question:

Tru: Mom, Is it bad to push your testicles back into your fingers?
Mediocre Mom: Yeah, that sounds bad. Don't do it, and especially not at school.
Tru: Once you told me it was healthy.
Mediocre Mom: Are you sure?
Tru: Yeah.
Mediocre Mom: Well, I must've been really tired then.
Tru: Yeah, you said when my testicles get really long to push them back with tweezers.
(I turn around at a red light, just in time to catch Tru woefully inspecting his fingernails.)
Mediocre Mom: Oh! You mean cuticles not testicles.Yes, you can push your cuticles back anytime you want.
Tru: Well, what are testicles then?
Mediocre Mom: That's the appropriate term for your balls.
Tru: I think it sounds too close to cuticles so I'll just stick with balls.
Mediocre Mom: Yeah, me too. Good plan.

1 comment:

  1. I'm still here and love to read anytime you post. This made me giggle!

    ReplyDelete